Aug 2, 2017fairs & events
«Polycarbonate 2017» Conference
We are pleased to inform you that OMIPA is attending the "Polycarbonate 2017" Conference - Kazan, 7-8 September
INVENTRA has the pleasure of inviting you to the Tenth International «Polycarbonate 2017» Conference held within the Tatarstan Oil, Gas and Petrochemicals Forum and alongside interplastica Kazan Exhibition.
Date: September 6-7, 2017
Venue: Center Hotel Kazan Kremlin, Kazan, Tatarstan
The anniversary conference is dedicated to the development of the Russian polycarbonate market in the light of global trends and is held within the Tatarstan Oil, Gas and Petrochemicals Forum with the support from the Ministry of Industry and Trade of the Republic of Tatarstan.
The PC grades produced locally do not meet in full all the requests and technical specifications of consumers. Import supplies of PC are unavoidable, even critical for certain applications. The situation is aggravated by the price situation: high prices for European product are limiting the import, while the only Russian producer is enjoying higher demand, and so are the suppliers from Asia. On the other hand, the use of lower-class feedstock adversely affects the quality of the end products and, consequently, undermines consumer confidence.
The demand in key sectors of polycarbonate consumption continues to decline. Nevertheless, the market players hope that the approval of new Construction Norms & Regulations regarding the use of polycarbonate in construction will improve the situation and help at least maintain the current level if not stimulate the market growth.
What will the 2017 bring for the market participants? This is the main topic of the forthcoming Conference. Feedstock supply and the situation in the main consumption segments will be discussed in details by the largest producers and suppliers of polycarbonate, converting companies, traders and consumers.
The following topics will be raised during the «Polycarbonate 2017» Conference:
- Overview of the Russian polycarbonate market and development outlook
- Price situation in the European and Russian polycarbonate markets
- Import: will foreign feedstock supply decline further or not? Which grades will be in higher demand in the local market?
- Export: can Russian producers compete, and what are the markets? Do the post-Soviet countries need the Russian product?
- Consumption: which leading segments can maintain their positions?
- Innovative applications: which consumption areas are the most perspective?
- Standards: can the new regulatory levers change the situation in construction? Do the local converters have a chance to get involved in large-scale government projects?
Participants of previous conferences include Amipa, BARS-2, BASF, Carboglass, Covestro, Danaflex-Nano, Extrusion Lines, Helvetica Trading, Innovative Technologies, Kartli, Kazanorgsintez, Kinplast, KMCI, Koros, Likhoslavl Lightning Equipment Plant, Masstar, Mitsubishi Corporation, NII Mosstroy, Petrov Institute of Plastics, Polyalt, Polyarc, Polygal Plastics Industries, Polymer Centre, Sabic Innovative Plastics, Teijin Limited, Ug-Oil-Plast, Universal Contract, Zhivaya Voda, М8 Corporation and other companies.